Lots and lots to talk about. Gonna be a marathon of a post!
Friday:
Hubby and I had our appt with the fertility clinic – we were both nervous but for different reasons! Him b/c he was nervous he would be poked and prodded and me b/c I knew that we hadn’t been trying the last while and b/c we aren’t in a position to try what with my job situation. But are fears were to no avail! He wasn’t poked or prodded and we will do all the tests so that when we are ready we know the course of action! The bad news is that I do not always ovulate. Because my periods go from 32 to 90 days that it indicates that I’m not ovulating. There are occasions that I do ovulate though (when I go for sections of every 32 days or every 40 days…) which is positive at least. So the next steps is a lot of bloodwork for the both of us, a semen analysis for hubby, an ultrasound and a tubal test. So hopefully come the fall we will be in a position both fertility wise and job wise to start trying!
Speaking of the job front. I got an email asking my interest in a job that is pretty much perfect. Recruitment, a good growing company, close to home and PERMANENT! I had a phone interview Friday afternoon and did well enough to get a 2nd, in person email the end of this week or the beginning of next. I’m pretty stoked and nervous all at the same time. This perfect job fell into my lap so I need to make sure that I do a good job so that I can get hired.
On the exercise front – in b/w our appt and the phone interview I did a killer workout! A 67 min, 21km bike ride followed by a 10 min 1 mile transition run. I pushed myself really hard on the run with the pace and was toast by the end of the workout!
We had a fun dinner of homemade chicken wings with carrots on the side and a beer. Then I crashed nice and early, just what I needed!
Saturday:
We did some errands, got me a new bike (just a cheap one that I can ride around town to do errands with), then really focused on our front and backyard. Spent an hour weeding and edging our backyard, only got half way done before I remembered that I really should tackle the front lawn. I then proceeded to spend more than an hour digging out dandelions out of our front lawn. Oh my god dandelions are the bane of my existence! And the worst thing is – I didn’t even finish! Hubby came out for the last half hour (he was putting together a new smoker) and we knew that we had to make dinner soon (it was about 6:30pm) so we called it quits for the day. For dinner we made pizzas! We used dough from the grocery store. On my pizza I put down sauce – then smothered the sauce in precooked veggies (peppers, mushrooms, spinach), then layered on the cheese, then 6 slices of pepperoni, and 1 slice of bacon crumbled up. I cut my pizza into 6 silces and for dinner had 3 and then had another 2 for my snack. It was very delicious! Another early night!
Sunday:
An all around awesome day. We lounged around all morning, drinking coffee, chatting, watching True blood (while I was). At around 11 we made ourselves an awesome breakfast – scrambled eggs, toast, hash browns, bacon. Then we did some bike maintenance and then hopped on a went for an awesome ride! We biked for 42km in 2 hours 20 minutes! With my garmin I was able to track the distance and my heart rate which showed when I was working and when I wasn’t which really helped with the Activity Points! I was working hard for 1hr30 and not as hard for 1 hour but I was always working! Then we got home and had to deal with the not so awesome front lawn. We spent an hour finishing it all up (those darn dandelions!), but the end of it we had massive parts of the lawn missing so we resoiled and reseeded, hopefully it works! We made another awesome dinner – bbq chicken, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini, mushrooms). Another night relaxing and another early night!
I needed this weekend. The past 2 weekends prior was spent boozing, eating too much and not getting enough sleep. I needed a weekend of just relaxing, getting in some quality exercise and lots of sleep. We treated ourselves with food – but everything was healthy versions and with my APs earned didn’t use any of my weekly allowance! This upcoming weekend is a 4 day weekend (I have Friday off too) and the hubby gets his wisdom teeth out so it will be another rejuvenating weekend!
I really hope my healthy choices show up on the scale! When I stepped on this morning it actually showed me as up compared to last Monday but I have a feeling my sore as hell legs may have something to do with it!
That's A LOT to digest in one post, woman!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything works out the way you want it to!