Monday, May 31, 2010

Introducing 10 minute Bootcamp series

Not too long ago I mentioned how I really need to do some strength training. Yeah so I really haven’t been so good at it. I find trying to commit to 30min 2-3x/week is just too much in my mind on top of everything else. So obviously I didn’t make a SMART goal. It was specific (tone my body), it was measurable (inches go down, good looking arms), it was attainable (have done it), and it was timely (wanted it done by summer wedding season). What it wasn’t was realistic for ME. I know lots of others can fit it in but there was a mental hurdle there with the time that I just couldn’t overcome.

So what can I do? Well I can do 10 minutes every weekday and once on the weekend. I can easily find 10 minutes – wake up a little early, right when I get home from work, during the first 10 minutes of a TV show. The opportunities are endless. Instead of 60-90minutes of strength training it is 60 minutes, so almost there. Plus I was never getting in 3 sessions a week and many times getting in no sessions! So it would definitely be better than nothing!

Something that I also have to be realistic about is that I get bored very easily – could never get into SHRED, or programs similar b/c the idea of doing the same program day in and day out just doesn’t do it for me. So I’ll do something different every day. Obviously programs will be redone over time but each week will have 6 different 10 min bootcamps!

As for where I’m getting them – blogs, magazines, crossfit, my head… really just a variety of places b/c that is what I do!

Today’s is brought to you by Oh She Glows and Marci Lall:

3 sets of 30 seconds each:
Plie Lunge
Squat Pulse
T Push Ups (push up, right side plank, push up, left side plank)
Plank
Mountain Climbers

Coming up – race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment