I wrote this last Thursday.
I’m cycling – and not in a good way. I have good weeks followed by bad weeks which means since the beginning of April I’m gaining and losing the same 1-2 lbs!!! It is very frustrating especially since I know that I want to break out of the 170’s! I’m fine with some weeks gaining weight because that is life for you BUT that is only fine if it happens once in awhile and not every other week! Obviously you can tell I gained weight this week. And I know exactly why – I didn’t eat too great (ate all my APs, Flex Points and daily points and then some!) and I spent another weekend not exercising.
I know exactly what I need to do, obviously I can be successful, so I’m not going to pontificate on all the stuff I need to do. What I’ll do is next Wednesday I’ll talk about what I did to be successful and how to continue it for a 2nd week!
Last night’s meeting was a great one – all about building the strong foundation of support for success. There was a great quote that I really need to keep in mind:
Don’t give up what you want the most for what you want in the moment.
Words for me to live by because I do always conveniently forget what I really want.
One thing I do really want is to get faster in the pool! As soon as I added kicking drills my numbers have gone down – need to get my legs stronger and better at kicking! I have had my 2 workouts in the pool this week. My first one was a straight 800m in 25 min (pool was insanely busy so couldn’t really do a workout). Today’s workout was cut short b/c of time ran out (and b/c I haven’t been taking into account the kicking drills!), but here is what I planned/did:
200m warm up
4x50m drills (kick, pull, kick, pull)
3x100 first 50 fast, last 50 recovery
3x100m 25 recovery, 50 fast, 25 recovery
2x100m (planned on 3) 50 recovery, 50 fast
No cool down (planned on 200m)
1200m (planned on 1500)
No comments:
Post a Comment