Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Going Against the Grain

So I made some executive decisions this morning – all in a different direction than losing weight.

But first off, a quick recap of last night! My friend came over for a run and dinner. We went for a short run (it was hot up here!) of 3.2km in 22 minutes exactly (so just around 6:50/km). We then ate dinner and watched some glee. The Channa Masala and aloo Gobi I made were delicious (and delicious again for lunch today!).

Yesterday I missed my swim because of the pool being closed. So I had planned to go this morning to make up for it. Well then my interview was scheduled. I still planned on going though, I went to bed with all my stuff ready. Plus I normally weigh in on Wednesday mornings. Well I didn’t do either. I didn’t sleep too well last night – it seemed every dream I had (and there were many!) were about my interview. So when my alarm went off at 6:15 I made the executive decision that sleep trumps swim on an interview day! Now my reason for not weighing in? I really don’t have a good one. I just got my monthly and I’m quite bloated, so my scale shows me up 1 lb. I just do not want to see an official gain yet this week. I’m hoping that maybe by Friday some of the bloat is gone and I’ll weigh in then. Sucky reason – depends, I just do not want a gain to get in my head, I know that I made healthy choices the majority of the time this past week.

I have a feeling that me and exercise are not going to be best friends this week! Tonight I have the dentist. Tomorrow morning I have bloodwork to get done (for the fertility stuff) so that elminates 2 opportunties to work out.

I know this equals a not so perfect week but the key for me is the fact that this is life, I need to get that mindset and not fall into the all or nothing trap that I tend to fall into at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment