Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spreading Things Out

So I didn't go running last night.  I had planned to go buy a runner's bra and then run along the waterfront but the place I originally went to didn't have my size.  So then I went to the Running Room.  Found it!  I got the Moving Comfort Fiona bra.  I needed something to hold in the girls and what I had just wasn't cutting it anymore.  I need to really do a test of the bra before I can really review it.  I did get a smaller size (per recommendation from the website) so a C instead of a D.  And it certainly does squeeze me in there!  I also got a running hat, all I had before was a visor and I've been wanting a hat so there you go!  A nice baby blue one.

 

By the time I got home I was absolutely exhausted.  So I called the run off.  I know I really should've gone, even if just for a few minutes but I think the lack of sleep over the weekend was really catching up to me.  So I just made dinner.  After dinner the hubster and I did go out for a 45 min walk, so I think that that is better than nothing!  I'm hoping that I can still find the time this week to do this 3rd run though.  Right now I'm thinking of switching out Friday's 4k run for yesterday/last week's 6k run and then tack on the 4k after my  bike ride on Saturday. 

 

But I started today off right!  In the pool, here is what I swam:

 

Warm up – 100m

Drills:

6x50m – fast, kick, pull

Main Set: Ladder

2x200m

2x150m

2x100m

2x50m

Cool down – 0m, no time!

 

1400m in 43 minutes (running a few minutes behind!).

 

I've discovered an amazing preswim snack.  What I need before I work out depends on the exercise – I find for running I need nothing, ½ banana or ½ glass of Gatorade depending on how I'm feeling or how long I'm running (anything less than 5k I can do on nothing), for strength training I need nothing, but for swimming I need more for some reason.  So the past couple of swims I've been having a ½ banana and ½ cup of milk smoothie and it gets me through the entire swim! 

 

A few years ago Runner's World had an article in a New Years edition about how to achieve your goals.  The Weight Loss goal had a structure of how to spread out your calories so that you can walk the tight rope that is losing weight and ensuring you have enough to eat to train effectively.  I've used this as a guideline to much success in the past so am going to use it again now.  I use the numbers based on a target of 22 points (since I'm almost in the 160's, fingers crossed that miracles happen and I see those numbers this week!). 

 

If you work out in the morning this is how you should spread out your calories/points:

 

Preworkout: 5% (1pt)

Breakfast: 30% (6.6pts, aim for 6)

Lunch: 30% (6.6pts, aim for 7)

Snack: 10% (2pts)

Dinner: 25% (6)

Snack: eat from activity points

 

So that is how I'm trying to eat today!

 

Here is what I ate yesterday:

 

B: English muffin with pb – 4

S: smoothie, pear – 3

L: leftover Bolognese with 2 c spinach – 6

S: kashi granola bar – 2

D: chicken curry, ½ c rice, ½ naan – 8

S: 8 rice crackers, 1 laughing cow, 3 mini eggs – 3

A: 45 min walk

 

Total: 26

 



Win a $10,000 shopping spree from Hotmail! Enter now Enter now

No comments:

Post a Comment