So it was quite a weekend – too much eating and not enough exercise, well any exercise really. Time really did not allow it!
On Friday night right after work I had errands to run – pick up Mom’s day gifts, get my brows waxed, pick up hubby’s tux for wedding next day. By the time we got home we were both starved! Made an easy dinner of grilled cheese and soup. Then did some cleaning (since we were to have a house full of guests the next day). Our 2 spare rooms are like storage for us and we had our floors done in Feb and still hadn’t gotten around to bringing a lot of our stuff down. Got to relax for about an hour before bed time.
On Saturday – got up and finished cleaning, making beds, vacumming, etc. Ate some lunch and got ready for the wedding! It was a beautiful wedding. Besides the hubby and I, this is the first wedding on the “guys” side and I just love seeing my friends get married – especially when you know that they are perfect for each other! In between the ceremony and reception a big bunch of us headed back to our house for some pre-reception bevies. I had a glass of wine there. During cocktail hour I didn’t get any of the appetizers but did drink another glass of wine. Dinner was delicious! To start it was butternut squash soup (ate all of it), then bowtie pasta in a rose sauce (ate half of it), then steak, potatoes, veggies with stuffed chicken coming out to add (ate all my veggies, and 75% of the rest), for desert it was tartufo. My wine glassed kept getting filled and a fresh glass of wine was always thrust into my hands (very thoughtful hubby and friends) while I danced and chatted the night away! Pizza was brought out at midnight and I had 2 square slices. The night was over in a snap and we all piled into cabs to go back to our house.
Was surprised to wake up feeling good yesterday, just tired. Ate a banana muffin one of our guests thoughtfully made for everyone! Everyone left and we went grocery shopping for dinner supplies! We were hosting my family and hubby’s family for Mother’s Day dinner so we needed to get some food to cook! After that, we made ourselves breakfast (eggs, toast, hash browns, bacon for the hubby), tidied up and then watched a couple of episodes of “V”, this would have been the time to work out but I did not have the energy for it! Then we started to get dinner ready while company slowly showed up!
The Menu:
Predinner nibbles: 1 point Egg Rolls and Samosas (technically 3 for 1 point samosas)
Beer Can Style Rotisserie Chicken (we did 2)
Spicy Garlic Shrimp (marinated in evoo, garlic and red chillies) and Chipotle BBQ sauce shrimp (we BBQed ~100 shrimp!)
Baked Potatoes with choice of toppings (butter, sour cream, cheese, chives)
Roasted Vegetables tossed in evoo, balsamic and herbes de provence (onions, green pepper, mushrooms, portabellas, zucchini, asparagus, grape tomatoes)
Cake (made my sis in law).
It was delicious and pretty much all eaten!! We have a couple of baked potatoes left and some cake (which I sent all home with people). All in all a great weekend –just wish the eating and exercise were better!
No comments:
Post a Comment