Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Success!

Sweet Success. So I lost the weight I gained last week plus a little bit more! I was really hoping to see a number in the 160’s but I’m not complaining – especially since this past weekend wasn’t the ideal eating and drinking weekend!

Weight: 170.8
Loss: 1.8 lbs
Total Loss: 10.2 lbs

I won’t be going to the meeting tonight – I know that they are going to be talking about using the Dining Out Guide to plan eating out and since we don’t eat out too often (and I’ve been through the session in the past) I’m going to skip it. There are more important things to do….like go for a bike ride on our newly tuned bikes! We picked them up last night so they are just calling our names to get out on them!! I’m hoping to do my 40 min workout. It is also Cinco de Mayo today and since the hubby’s fave cuisine is Mexican it would be sacrilegious not to celebrate! So we are making home made tacos/fajitas/burritos. I making him some ground taco meat. And for me I mixing precooked chicken (I precooked some this weekend for sandwiches and easy go to dinners) and shrimp for my protein. I’m also going to make some Mexican rice and pico de gallo for topping. Add that with some refried beans, choice of corn tortilla or flour tortilla, sour cream, spinach, cheese and we got ourselves a yummy feast! I’ll probably go for tacos or tostadas on corn tortilla since I can have 3 for 2points and to me they are much tastier.

Here is what I ate and did yesterday:

Preswim: ½ banana, ½ cup milk smoothie – 2
Breakfast: mockmuffin with cheese – 5
Snack: ½ banana
Lunch: leftover curry with ½ naan, cantelope – 6
Snack: ½ granola bar
Dinner: panfried sole, 2 pierogies, small serving of brushetta, 1 c broccoli – 9
Snack: pear, crackers and smoked salmon, 3 mini eggs – 5

Total: 30 points

Activity: 45 min swim (am) and 30 min total body ST (pm) – 8 points earned.

Dinner was very upsetting. I was fine consuming 9 points since I was very hungry and I had the points but it did not even fill me (or my hubby) up at all. I had a pear to try and have it subside but it didn’t. My snack was a little bigger than planned b/c I was so hungry. I find with white fish like sole, perch or Pollock that it never fills me up. Unless it is breaded and baked. So that is probably the only way you will see it here from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment