Cinco de Mayo last night was great! We didn’t end up going for a bike ride since it was thundering out. I did 30 min on the Wii playing games (I’m like so addicted to the snowball fight) and a couple of yoga poses to stretch out my legs. Fitting in 2 more runs and 2 more bike rides is going to be mighty tough to do this week. But anyways, I made a wonderful Mexican feast last night:
Protein – ground taco meat (extra lean ground beef, onions, tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric (for its health benefits), cayenne and cumin), chicken, shrimp (both tossed in the seasoning above).
Fillers – Mexican rice (browned onion, garlic and rice in evoo, added stock, tomatoes, seasonings above), Pico de Gallo (red onion, tomato, jalepenos, garlic powder, lime juice, cilantro), Cheese, Spinach, Refried Beans, Sour Cream, Salsa
Containers – flour tortilla, corn tortilla.
The hubby made himself a burrito. I made myself 3 tostadas (my fave). I started with refried beans, then spinach, then ½ T rice/tostada, then mix of chicken and shrimp, pico de gallo, a little bit of cheese. Baked for 5 minutes. Tossed with a little bit of sour cream. It was delicious. And filling. 9 points (same as the dinner the night before) and I was good pretty much for the night! Around 9:30 I got hungry for a banana and milk smoothie so I made a double (saved half for this morning). Then at 10:30 I was a hungrier so I had a serving of triscuits. For lunch today I have a taco salad which I’m quite excited to eat!
This morning was up for my swim! I tried to focus on speed today (Tues = endurance swimns, Thurs = speed swims). I used swimplan for a workout that turned out to be a good one!
200m warm up
Drills:
4x50 – kick, pull, repeat
Main Set:
8x50m – leave on 1min36s (gave me too much rest, so will have to adjust for next time)
1x300m – pull (wow what an arm workout)
200m cool down
Total: 1300m
Tonight we have a rehearsal dinner at a pizza joint – my plan is to eat 2 pieces of pizza with lots of salad. Here is what I ate yesterday:
Prerun: ½ banana - 1
B: egg white omelet with smoked salmon on English muffin – 5
L: chicken sandwich on homemade pesto and sundried tomato bread with spinach, cuke, tomato and 1 laughing cow sliver, cantelop, cukes and dip – 7
S: ½ granola bar, ½ banana – 3
D: Tostada’s – 9
S: smoothie, triscuits - 3
Total: 28
Activity: 35 min run (5 APs), 30 min Wii Fit Plus games – 5 earned.
the snowball fight game sounds fun!
ReplyDelete