So one of my goals this year was to swim, bike, run, and hike my way to 2010 km. By the end of June I should be hitting the half way mark, but it doesn’t look like I will. Part of this is my fault and part of this is not. I haven’t been perfect, there are weeks when I just don’t have the drive. But I think the main limiting factor was my February full of work on the house, and appointments and then 2nd half of March and April where I had bronchitis. Anyways, here are the numbers each month:
January:
Run – 14km
Bike – 77km
Swim – 0km
Hike – 19km
Total: 110k
February
Run – 3k
Bike – 52k
Swim – 0k
Hike – 3.5k
Total: 58.5k
March
Run – 15.5k
Bike – 68k
Swim – 3.3k
Hike – 6.8k
Total: 93.6
April
Run – 7.5k
Bike – 34k
Swim – 2.7k
Hike – 0k
Total: 44.2k
Well I’m happy to report that May turned in some excellent numbers! With my highest mileage in 3 sports! We didn’t get to do any hiking so that is the only sport lacking!
May
Run – 31km (longest = 8km, highest week – 16km)
Bike – 127.5k (longest = 42km, highest week – 63k)
Swim – 6.2km (longest = 1400mx3, highest week 2.7k)
Hike – 0k
Total: 164.7
Which means I’ve done 471km so far and I have 1539km to go! The summer and fall months are historically my highest mileage months so I know that I can still do it!!
Back to Regular Scheduled Programming:
Last night I ended the month with a 19km bike ride in 55minutes. It looked like it was going to pour (and maybe thunderstorm) when I left work but I was hell bent that I was going to get out there. I did an out and back, out and back type of route so that I was never too far away from home. The rain held off and I had a great bike ride with an avg 20km/hr (my fastest being 32.9km/hr!) which is an average I’m happy with (I tend to hold back a bit with cars on the road, understandable since I was hit by one last year!).
I came home and did my 10 minute bootcamp and felt amazing! Made some dinner which the hubby said “wow look at all the colours!” and just relaxed the rest of the night away.
This morning was up and at ‘em and at the pool. Didn’t really feel like doing anything other than just swimming:
100m warm up
150m drills (kick, pull, swim)
800m swim
100m cool down
1150m total in 40 minutes
Tonight I will be running 5k with friends, eating some grilled chicken and watching some Glee!
But as soon as I get home I doing this little number, a 10 minute bootcamp that I got from my head:
“Double Duty”
3 sets of:
Plie Squat and Press x15
Lunge Hold with Row to Tricep Kickback x15 (Right, then Left)
Squat and Curl x15
Single Arm Stand (abs) and Calve Raise (laying down with one arm in the air, stand up keeping the arm raised) x15
Crunch with Bridge x 15
No comments:
Post a Comment