Monday, June 7, 2010

Life, the Weekend Edition

Wow updates are needed!

I had an amazing weekend filled with so much fun stuff!

Friday:
- The hubster had our earbuds (yes we currently only have 1 pair) so I didn’t want to run the 10k without music
- Instead did my “Mock Duathlon” --> run 10 minutes, bike 40 minutes, run 10 minutes. The transition from run to bike was easy peasy, but the transition from bike to run was hard like I expected. I finished the workout with a 10 min bootcamp that I made up hence the ridiculous name, Back Ab It.

Saturday:
- Got up and gave the hubby an option: he can stay home while I go run or we could hit the road for an hour bike ride. The run was what I needed to finish my week of training off but I knew that he hadn’t been able to get on the bike all week and I had made the decision this year that my exercise time with the hubby trumps my training plan! He chose the bike ride option and we hit the road! We were out there for just under an hour and covered 19km. It was a great way to start the day – we used to do hilling training when we lived in the city every Sat morning but now that we are in an area that is all flat we don’t (hill running for some reason is the only kind of running my hubby can stomach) so I hope that this becomes a weekly tradition again!
- Planted part of our garden – 8 cherry tomato plants, 12 plum tomato plants, 4 regular tomato plants. Plus some containers!
- Went to our friend’s wedding – very nice.
- 2 pints of Millstreet Organic at pub in between ceremony and reception. 1 Antijito and 2 pita triangles with dip
- 1 glass of wine during cocktail hour that I didn’t drink, I had 1 sip and decided not worth drinking!
- Lobster Bisque with salt cod cakes, Beef Short Rib with a few mini potatoes (ate 75% of the beef, all the potatoes), Dark Choc Mousse (I ate half). No wedding cake. I’m glad I ate 4 servings of veggies at lunch!
- Was the designated driver so no more drinking but did succumb to McD’s and had a Jr Chicken.

Sunday:
- Relaxed. I had a smoothie (berries, mango, yogurt, milk) with some granola for breakfast.
- Cleaned up the house
- Made Thai Noodle Soup for lunch
- Hit up Costco and only spend $41!!! We did good sticking to what we needed.
- Picked up a double bed and dresser from a family friend.
- Went to a local pub for dinner – I had a pint of Rickard’s White, we split nachos 7 ways, then I got the Grilled Chicken Club with salad, I ate half of the sandwich and all of the salad. I have the leftovers with some soup and cucumbers for lunch today! Small slice of birthday cake (chocolate mousse) that I had 2 bites of.
- Watched “The Other Man”, did some laundry and read then hit the hay.

On tap this week:
- 10k run tonight and grocery shopping – we need produce!
- National concert tomorrow night at Massey Hall
- Weight Watchers
- Run with friend on Thursday night
- And nothing this weekend, yeah!

My 10 minute bootcamp tonight is some Yoga as per Shiva Rea. Her DVD is a matrix DVD which allows you to create a customized workout. I’m going to start with some sun salutations, then some dancing warrior and savasana.

No comments:

Post a Comment