Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hindsight is Twenty-Twenty

Marble Slab is so yummy – especially after a 4.5k run in 30 minutes! And they have kids sizes now too! The only 2 times I went they didn’t so I was very excited to see that a) b/c it is cheaper, b) b/c it is healthier, c) b/c I’ll eat the whole original but I never feel great after! The kids size was the perfect amount. I got my usual – coffee with coconut and peanut butter cup. Wow what a way to end the day!

Especially after my lunch being a complete and utter FAIL! I had made pasta with spinach and a can of mackerel in a spicy tomato sauce. Well, there were just too many bones. I know they are good for you and all but after a couple of bites I just couldn’t do it anymore. So I got a ham and cheese sandwich from the cafeteria.

Today is an off day and weigh in day. I’m pretty much guaranteed a gain due to my shenanigans last week. I understand myself and I understand that I get in those funks but it upsets me more right now since I’ve been trying to get past this “plateau” thing I’ve been on. So to gain weight to lose again, and to have to continue fighting to lose to finally get past it seems like a mtn that I have to overcome. But some progress, I know starting today I can hear about the job. I’ve started to get in the funk. The voices started calling my name to go out to eat today but I persisted and ate my planned leftover stirfry and yogurt. And that’s all I can do right now, I can’t go into the past and change it. But what I can do is learn from it, recognize the signs and try to overcome them. That’s all I can ask of myself right now it terms of that stuff.

I just hope that through the rest of this week while I wait to hear that I am able to resist. Either tomorrow or Friday I’ll be going out for lunch (my once a week policy) and as long as I stick to that and try to curtail stress eating than I can encounter! Or please let me find out that I get the job soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment