So far so good. But if I were to read back the past month I have a feeling every Tuesday I write a “I’m doing great post” followed by a Friday no post or “I’m not doing so good” post. Oh yeah and I can’t forget the “I gained weight” post pretty much every Thursday. So yeah come this time of week I usually feel like a hypocrite!
Anyways. The day did go well yesterday. I was very busy. I had a lunch meeting where we ate at the end which left me 15 minutes to eat until my 1pm meeting! The lunch spread was baked pasta, Caesar salad (dressing on side), bread, cookie and desert platter. I think I did well here. I filled ¾ of my plate with salad, put a tad of dressing on my plate, and the other ¼ had some of the baked pasta. I felt like I inhaled in since I was starving and on a timeline! No bread or desert! I’m happy with my choices there.
After being in back to back to back meetings and interviews I was wiped by the end of the day. But for once I didn’t let it get in my way. I got home and just kept going. Threw in a load of laundry, made a quick Asian marinade for chicken, did a 40 minute circuit style Strength training session (warm up, 6 circuits each with a different focus, cool down), copiloting dinner (I was in charge of veggies and corn, hubby in charge of meat and potatoes on the BBQ while cooking I also cleaned the kitchen, put laundry in dryer/hang), hopping on the bike (leisurely ride – 60min for 15km with a few intervals thrown in there), got home showered, made lunches, put away laundry. My night wasn’t all work though! From 9-9:30 I watched TV (Les Stroud’s Survive This) and from 9:30-10 I read in the kitchen, then moved the reading upstairs to bed! By 10:30 I was out like a light!
This morning was my usual start to a Tuesday – in the pool! 1500m in 50minutes. I’m really trying to break the 1400m! So I made sure to get to the pool on time to get in a full 45 minutes. Unfortunately I had some lane mates that caused me to go slower or wait a little bit longer than normal so I knew I had to stay longer to break the 1400m barrier! It means my hair is in a pony tail today but that’s okay! This is what I did:
200m warm up
4x25 stroke count (30 worst, 26 best)
4x25 breath left, breath right
10x100m leave on 2:45
100m cool down
1500m total.
If the weather holds I’ll get out for a run tonight, otherwise I’ll do it tomorrow morning. My body feels like toast right now – arms and legs are v.tired after a tough couple of sessions, but in a good way! My legs will be even more mad at me after the run since I’m planning on doing some hills!
No comments:
Post a Comment