So I’m in a big ole funk here. Last week was a total disaster. I thought I had sort of mastered stress eating, but apparently not all kinds of stress eating!
Monday started off good. I ran my first 10k of the season – it was hard I have to say but I got ‘er done.
Then Tuesday rolled around. The day I was supposed to find out if I got the job or not. I started the day in the pool – proud of myself that I hadn’t let the not knowing where I’ll be in a month, usually that throws me for a loop not being able to plan things out and that results in me not doing much of anything, especially anything healthy! Well I must’ve jinxed myself. By lunch time I was done. The waiting game totally got to me. For lunch instead of my brown bag healthy lunch I ate a harvey’s cheese burger and fries. On a day where I knew we would be going out for dinner too. I didn’t end up hearing anything. I drove into Toronto that night for a concert (first stop Taco Bar in Kensington for tacos, then the National at Massey Hall, amazing amazing show). With all the construction going on we got home late and I didn’t hit the sack until 1am.
Wednesday was the same old thing but worse b/c now I was tired. Planned on eating Tuesday’s brown bag lunch but again ate out – a burrito. Didn’t hear anything. Emailed to inquire as to when I should expect an update.
Thursday morning – didn’t go swimming. Heard that the VP is out until Tuesday so I won’t hear until the end of the next week (now end of this week). Again stressed about life – what if I don’t get it, my contract is running out… Ate lunch out, again, goat cheese and chicken pasta.
Friday – doing better. Ate out again for lunch b/c this was a planned lunch. Thai food. Went home and got things ready for dinner. Home made pizza (so yummy, 1 slice of bacon, mushrooms, peppers, spinach, cheese on homemade crust). Knowing the weekend is here did help me out a bit started concentrating on getting over the funk.
Saturday – no workout but lots of running around. Grocery Shopping, Leftover Pizza for lunch, cleaning, reorganizing, lots of gardening, date night. We love Date Nights. Saturday night we made a very gourmet meal! We started with a salad and zucchini fritters. Took an hour break. Then made steak with red wine reduction, roasted potatoes, roasted veggies (asparagus for me, red pepper for the hubs). It was delicious. We love cooking at home b/c it allows us to take breaks and make things how we like. Plus there is no waiter rushing us, no exorbitant prices for wine or salads. Just the 2 of us, good wine, good food and great conversation!
Sunday – sleep in day! The first thing I did when I got up was make muffins! I had grated an extra zucchini yesterday for this purpose. I made these Zucchini Nut Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. I followed the recipe exactly but next will add some more honey b/c I could use them a tad sweeter. We had hoped to go for a hike with friends but it was a planned 20km loop and with the threat of thundershowers we didn’t want to take a chance! So instead we did some work on our two upstairs “guest” rooms (with the new bed and dresser we inherited last week). And then went on a fun bike ride. We did some “challenges”, where the person behind could challenge the other to a race to a designated point. It was good fun (btw I lost out 2 to 1 in favour of the hubs, but my one win was the toughest b/c it was the longest race!) and was a great way to do some intervals! We ended up doing 14.5km in about 45 minutes. Made home made buffalo chicken strips which I had in a wrap with a side of grilled veggies.
Today I gave myself a pep talk. I can’t let this get me in a funk. I find it tough not to be able to think in terms of next month (or the months following) but I’m just going to have to deal with it! I don’t want to let this waiting game result in a lot of weight gain!
This week my goal is to live life how I want to life live. So that includes eating a well balanced diet and moving moving moving! I shouldn’t neglect myself like this!
So this is how I have/will start the week off:
Healthy Breakfast – check. ¾ cup of 2% yogurt with ½ cup strawberries, ½ banana, 1-2 T walnuts, 1/3 cup dry oats, 1-2 T granola with a splash of honey. Oh my deliciousness!
Healthy Snack – check. 1 apple with a T of dark chocolate pb.
Healthy Lunch – check. Another buff. Chicken wrap with leftover roasted red pepper and tomato soup.
Healthy Snack – check. 1 ZNBCC muffin.
Healthy Dinner – check. Frittata with leftover roasted potatoes, veggies and cheese in it. With 1 slice of toast. And salad.
Movement – check. Another bike ride with the hubby. Planning on 20-25km!
Then I will have this continue on the rest of the week! Fingers and toes and everything crossed that first I find out about the job and second that I get the job!
No comments:
Post a Comment