Thursday, June 17, 2010

Meeting Expectations

So yeah, just like expected weigh in last night wasn’t pretty! A gain of 1.8 lbs. Ouch. But I deserved it. And I always find that if I misbehave and then lose or stay the same then I continue misbehaving. It just means that I really need to get me act together.

Well I certainly started today off right – in the pool doing some hardcore speed! I only had 30 minutes today since I had a morning meeting but it still felt great!

100m warm up
2x50m drills – pull, kick
2x50m medium speed
4x50m 25m fast, 25m recover
4x50m 25m recover, 25 fast
4x50m all fast
100m cool down

1000m total

This is definitely one of my new fave pool workouts!

I can already tell you though that this is going to be a tough day to get through. My nerves are going insane, my stomach is really anxious and nervous and I really just want to hear about the job. I always wonder if anyone gets like this – all crazy like! I wish I didn’t but I’ve always been like this so I don’t think I will be changing at all. Today we are going out for lunch so at least that makes it easy. My key will be tomorrow and not eating!

Tonight we are hoping to get in the saddle again for another ride – we need to bike 19k to reach our 50k goal! Tuesdays and Thursdays are turning into double workout days! That is the great thing about morning swim workouts is that it means I don’t have to work out, or it means that I can run or bike since swimming is mostly arms! Thank goodness b/c my arms are sore from this morning’s workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment