Wow I know it has been awhile!! March was another month that ended up being a write off and so far April hasn’t been too much better! The first 2 weeks of March started out great – got in some great workouts, got back in the pool. But then I got sick. It started out with a flu like fever that lasted for 4 days. 2 days into that I got bronchitis that pretty much sidelined me for 4 weeks. Walking was tough for my cardiovascular system! Last week I was finally able to incorporate a little bit of exercise, and this week I’m going to try for a 75% week. I’m hoping that the last 2 weeks of April can bounce my numbers back a little!
March in numbers looks like this:
Run: 15.5km
Bike: 68km
Swim: 3.25km
Hike: 6.8km
Which amazingly for Running and Swimming are yearly highs!
My last “weigh in” in Feb was 176.4, my last “weigh in” in March was 171, so in March I lost 5.4lbs! This was helped my illness I do have to say.
Last week my weigh in was 171.2 which after a girls weekend away celebrating our 30th birthdays I’m really pleased with.
So this summer we have 4 weddings! May, June, and 2 in August. I just bought a dress for the May wedding but am holding out on the other 3 I’ll buy (all the same group of friends, therefore need 4 dresses!) b/c I know I’ll be thinner for them!
But looking at my arms I realize that I really need to start some weight training, they aren’t looking as toned as they have in the past, or how I know they can look. So I’m incorporating 3 20-25min weight training sessions each week that are non negotiable! I’m doing a mix of Wii exercises and non Wii exercises do accomplish this. I’m more flexible in the exact exercise I do, I usually like to just set a guideline and then each workout choose the exact exercise I’m looking for. So here is the outline for each of the 3 sessions:
First Session: Shoulders, Chest Triceps, Abs 3 sets of 12-15 reps, in a circuit style since I hate rest!
2 shoulder exercises (presses, front raises, lateral raises, combo raises)
2 tricep exercises (dips, extensions, overhead, pushups)
2 chest exercises (including push ups)
2 ab exercises
(chest, shoulder, tricep, ab, chest, shoulder, tricep, ab x 3)
Second Session: Legs
4 leg exercises (squats, lunges, just ensuring mix of muscles worked)
2 ab exercises
Third Session: Back and Biceps
2 biceps (curls, 21s, hammer curls)
2 back (extensions, rows, superman)
4 abs
This does add a lot to my goals of 2 swims, 2 runs, 2 bike rides but I know it will be well worth it.
I’ve thought roughly of a schedule and since I have most of my mornings back (minus 1 morning a week now for chiro) I want to utilize those so I’m thinking of this:
Monday: am ST
Tuesday: am swim
Wednesday: am ST, run
Thursday: am swim
Friday: am ST
Saturday:
Sunday:
I know that with Justin I’ll have 1-2 bike rides a week naturally and the 2nd run will be at some point in the week. And there will definitely be at least 1 rest day.
But anyways, like usual I’m getting ahead of myself! For this week my goals are:
1. Wear mouthguard at night (haven’t b/c of coughing)
2. Remember to take vitamins and iron supplements
3. Workouts: 3 ST, 2 Runs, 1 Swim, 2 Bike rides
4. Track – which has been a major lack these past few months!
5. Do some cleaning throughout the week!
I’m really going to try to post more often on here as well!
Happy Earth Week!
No comments:
Post a Comment