I really did not want to go to my Weight Watcher meeting last night. I sort felt like just throwing myself a pity part and just watching TV all night. But I knew that that was not the right move. I can be sad that I’m leaving a job I love but I can not feel sorry for myself b/c I have nothing to feel sorry about. I totally trust that things will work out and that things happen for a reason. So I compromised with myself, I went home and watched an episode online of US of Tara (love that show), then went to the meeting. So I got a little of both in! And boy am I glad that I went.
What an amazing meeting. It totally was in tune with what I was talking about last week with “my healthy self”. It was all about all the levels of ourselves that we have to think about in order to change.
1. Environment (like throwing out all the bad food in the house)
2. Behaviours (like eating more veggies, working out)
3. Capabilities (like learning how to cook)
4. Beliefs (believing that you are worth the effort)
5. Identity (changing your perception of yourself)
It is easy to change the first 2, the 3rd is easier. It is the last 2 that are the toughest and that really stand in our way of long term success or even success in the first place.
It totally was that final nail in the coffin I needed for my motivation!
When I got home I made dinner (that I started the night before) – tandori chicken, with spinach salad and Indian basmati. One thing the hubster and I have tried and tried again was to like brown rice. We both just hate it so we gave up. To me part of being healthy is enjoying what we eat. And we can both say we gave it a long effort (1 year!). I had 1 leg with ½ cup of rice and the salad. Watched America’s Next Top Model (just can not give this show up). Got lunches ready for the next day, made some popcorn (my allowed comfort food for the night – oil popped popcorn) and then hit the sack nice and early. I went to bed feeling great and very hopeful for my future. Instead of sad and pitying myself. That’s the way to do it!
Here is what I ate yesterday:
B: mockmuffin with cheese and bacon – 6
S: ½ banana – 1
L: 1 cup ww pasta with Bolognese, spinach and mushrooms, apple – 7
S: kasha pumpkin pie bar - 2
D: 1 leg tandori chicken, ½ cup rice, spinach salad – 8
S: popcorn – 4
Total: 28
Activity: 0
Today I started out the morning on the right foot – in the pool! I was running late so was only able to do 35 min (instead of my planned 45min)
Workout:
Warm Up – 100m
Drills – 4x50
Kick, pull, kick, pull
Main set – 800 m time trial (19min21sec)
Cool down – 100 m
Total: 1200m
No comments:
Post a Comment