Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Plans Go Awry

Monday night I had an Engineering conference/trade show to go to. Now I’m not an engineer but since I hire engineers it is a good thing to learn more about so a few us went to check it out. Since I knew I had a not so amazing eating weekend I made myself dinner to eat at work before we go (falafel pita). I had it all planned out. I even brought a granola bar just in case I got hungry.

The one thing I didn’t account for? Boredom. A bus took us down so we were there for 2 hours. Which I know doesn’t seem like that long, but believe you me it was! They had finger foods being passed around the trade show and at first I was resisting. Then I wasn’t. Really I wasn’t hungry, I was just bored. So I ended up eating: 3 small samosas, 1 chicken skewer, 2 spankopita, 2 brie and crackers, 1 brie on its own. At 7:45 we had had enough so a few us went to a bar for a drink. I was going to order an Iced Tea but instead ordered a half pint of Rickard’s White (what?!). Didn’t get home until 9:30 and pretty much went straight to bed!

But yesterday went much more according to plan. Ate according to plan. Exercised according to plan. That included a 5.5km run and 32 minutes on the Wii (21 minutes of pure strength, 11 minutes of games).

Today so far is going great – started the day off in the pool. In my old blog I always posted my swim workouts which I loved (went back today through them and got some great workouts). So here is mine from today:

100m warm up
Pyramid
50m
100m
150m
200m
150m
100m
50m

100m cool down

Total: 1000m, 30 minutes.

Tonight is judgment time, time to hop on the scale. I’m hoping to see the number go down but considering my eating this week I’m not expecting too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment