Sunday, January 24, 2010

Planned Indulgences

So I definitely had an On Plan weekend! But that plan did include quite a bit of indulgences, well 2 specifically.

First off was Saturday night - a birthday party for my friend which was at a buffet. The second was the Ice Wine festival today where we got a discovery pass and went to 6 wineries for food and ice wine pairings.

So how did I do it while staying on plan? Well with lots of planning! For Saturday I looked up the restaurant to see if they had buffet items listed which thankfully they did so I planned for a 25 point meal using my main rule - fill half the plate with veggies, 1/4 with starch and 1/4 protein. Plus for desert I had a small portion of their home made apple crisp instead of a big piece of storebought carrot cake that most others had. Plus I planned on 60 minutes of exercise - 30 min Wii Fit Plus Yoga and 30 min run - I did the Yoga first thing and the run in the afternoon.

For today, I knew where we were going and what we were eating so that sorta helped. Again I figured about 25 points. I drove so that limited the amount of wine I could drink (so extra tastings). The nice thing was it was only a mouthful of ice wine (slowly sipped!) and a small amount of food at each one. Plus I did make sure to get up early to get in another 30 min run. Once I got home I prepared a Mexican Chicken Soup (2pts/serving) to cook in the slow cooker for when we got home! And I ate a big bowl of oatmeal for my brunch before we went!

So I definitely ate alot of points this weekend but I kept it within my flex points and activity points which makes me really happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment