Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Goal Revist

Looking at my last year goals I realized that I didn’t do to well fulfilling them.

Here are my 2009 goals:

Fitness
- trail races. – I wanted to do at least 1, didn’t do any
- triathlon. I'm definitely doing the same one I did last year I may do another one but I'm not entirely positive yet. – did none
- cycling. Justin and I are planning on doing more long distance riding out in the country. – we did one somewhat long country ride, a 30km one, plus we did a 50km ride not out in the country
- swimming. I would love to do an open water swim "race" but don't know of any in the GTA. If anyone knows of any please let me know! – didn’t find one or do one!

Lifestyle
- wake up earlier!! I'm hoping this 6 week OBV will help out with that one! – if anything I wake up so much later now, am having a tough time getting out of bed in the morning.
- still working on that healthy food relationship thing! – I’m pretty good at eating when I’m hungry but still need to work on this.
- getting to a weight that I'm happier with, since I'm not happy with my weight right now. Plus get it back to one that is healthy for my height. How do I do this without weighing myself? Most of my clothes are meant for that weight so I'll know by their fit. – yeah that didn’t happen either.
Now with the way 2009 worked out for me I’m not too bent out of shape about not meeting these (well except for the whole weight thing). 2009 was a tough year:

Jan – March: hated my job, was stressed to the max because of it.

March: got laid off, blended my finger with a hand blender.

April: death in the family, longest bike ride of the year with a 50km ride, interviewing, got hit by a car while on my bike breaking my hand, got a job!

May – July : started my new dream job

July: finally got my cast off, am able to start on the bike for about 30 min rides

August-Dec: start hiking most weekends, start looking for my next job (since this is contract), able to do some good long rides (maxing out, physio on my hand

But I wouldn’t replace this year for a second since it felt great starting out the New Year so so happy at my job. I love it so much that I even appreciate the 4 years that I hated at my other job because it led me here, something that is irreplaceable!

But 2010 is the year I turn 30 (in a few days, gulp!) and it is a year to get my fitness, health and lifestyle back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment