Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On Track

2 days into the week and 2 more days on plan and on track!

Monday I scrapped the idea of a run – it was still too cold for with the windchill for me. I was going to hop on the bike but I had a Baron Baptiste Vinyasa Yoga DVD that I really wanted to do so I did that instead. It was a good 45 minute workout, one that got my heart pumping and my muscles working. Actually my arms and leg were shaky and weak for a good few hours after!

Last night I forgot that I promised the hubster that I would teach him a new circuit for him to do (we switch it up every 6 weeks or so). So for 40 minutes we worked out together. Here’s what I did:


Warm up: 4 full Sun Salutations with Warrior 1 &2 mixed in

Strength circuit

- 12 pushups, 12 chest flies, 12 dead lifts, 12 rows, 30s plank x 2

10 minutes cycle

Strength circuit

- “21” bicep curls, 12 tricep dips, 12 tricep extensions, 20 crunches, 20 reverse crunches x2

10 minutes cycle

Strength circuit

- 12 shoulder pressesx2, front kicks, side kicks, roundhouse kicks, punches, hooks, upper cuts – 5 minutes.

Was a lot of fun working out together and we’ll probably try to keep this up 1x week together (he doesn’t like it too much b/c he says I’m always correcting his form!)

Eating was good too, stayed within my plan. So now I'm really hoping for a loss on the scale tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment