Thursday, January 13, 2011

Comeback Kid

So it has been a long time since I last blogged (over 6 months ago to be exact). I’m such a fair-weather blogger but I always find that there are times when I just want to write things down and for the past week I’ve been fighting it so figured why not!

So an update as to where I left off:
- Ctrt ended, didn’t get the job I was very sure I was going to get (but turned out not to be what I wanted anyways).
- 7 weeks off over the summer – so so amazing!!! Lots of running (trails and roads), swimming, biking, walking, loving life
- Decided not to do Triathlon since unemployed, not to fussed about it since working out so much anyways
- Stopped going to Weight Watchers – even with lots of working out still gained about 5lbs from May to Sept.
- New contract at old workplace! Turned down permanent job in field I didn’t want at the same time (yet again.).
- Ran everyday for the month of October – best thing I’ve ever done. So so amazing.
- Went to Florida for a week in the fall.
- Fell off the swimming wagon, big time.
- Ended the year weighing exactly 170 (total of 12lbs lost in 2010).
- But quickly gained 2.4lbs to start the year!

So for right now I have lots of plans! Like usual. I’m still trying to get myself to do more toning and strength, still not being very successful, I just don’t like it!!! My new attempt is yoga – vinyasa yoga. I kinda think this might be the ideal b/c it also includes lots of flexibility stuff which is necessary. So I wanted to do an everyday thing but threw out my back last Saturday (on my birthday weekend no less!) so haven’t done any activity this past week.

As for running, I’ve been doing lots of that. 3-4x/week and a variety of distances. As for weight loss, now that I’m at the lowest since going back (in May I did see 170.8 before gaining the 5lbs) and again I’m struggling with motivation. It seems that I get to this point and then just get disinterested. Well I really want to lose this weight so I have to keep reminding myself of that! I hope that the desire to get back to blogging will help that out.

I do have goals for the year but I’ll post another post to cover those. So upcoming posts – my 2011 goals, how I plan my week, striving to become more organized in everyday life, my new view on exercise, thoughts on new Weight Watchers Points Plus plan.

1 comment: