Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hot and Cold

Well 1 week later sees me a little smaller – I lost .4lbs last week. I was ok with that. And then I didn’t work out again until last night. For no reason whatsoever, just that I didn’t feel like it. I also ate a Wendy’s spicy chicken combo too. Oh my.

However I’m really focusing on not beating myself up over those actions, I won’t learn anything if I do. I don’t regret the combo, I was really hungry and craving it so I had it. It wasn’t due to stress eating so at least there’s that! Right now I’m working on stress eating. Normally I don’t succumb to my cravings like that b/c normally I avoid being that hungry, but I’m not perfect so of course it is going to happen! So I did it and I’m moving on.

But the exercise thing is a little more concerning. 5 days in a row of not exercising is not in lines with who I want to be and it isn’t really in line with how I like to be. It is amazing how easy it is to get sucked back in to the couch potato life though! 1.5 weeks off with my back and my motivation goes out the window! I just never felt like it and instead of reminding myself how good I feel after I just listened! Plus I think the cold weather here in Ontario did not help since it meant not running. Last night while I packed up from work and on my way home I was trying to talk myself out of running, even though it was a wonderful 0 degrees Celsius. But I shut that voice up and just did it. I told myself that running for 30 minutes will not take away time from rest and relaxation and that I would feel so much better after too. I also compromised with myself that since it was almost 3 weeks since my last run that I could do a run/walk (4 min run/1 min walk). It worked. It got me out the door and oh how I loved it! I ended up running 9/1s too! But my lungs could really feel the cold this run so I took it slow. 4.5km in about 33 minutes. But it is easier to talk myself into running then it is with other exercises so I really need to learn how to talk myself into doing those!

Exciting news on the job front though – I got the job I was interviewing for, it is a mat leave contract (which is not ideal) but it is with an organization that I really wanted to join! So I start there on Feb 14th! My goal is to not let myself fall off the bandwagon which is what I normally do during times of transition!

Tonight is weigh in and despite the Wendy’s combo I did great this week on the food front. So let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment