So Wednesday night was my weigh in – I lost .4lbs of the 2.4 I gained (so now sit at 172). I knew that was going to happen. My birthday was this past Tuesday (I turned 31!) so on the weekend my hubby and I went away and short rib poutine was consumed! Plus on Tuesday I had a work dinner. Add in the fact that my back has prevented me from doing any exercise and I’m actually quite happy that I lost!
So I don’t usually make New Years Resolutions, I usually make Brithday Goals, but since they fall so close together it usually works out that they are so close together that they run into each other!
Here’s a look at what my goals were last year:
1. Lose Weight. I lost 12lbs this year – pretty decent, not great but I’ll take it! In terms of my measurements I’ve gone from 39 to 37.5, in my waist/abs 41 to 39 and my hips 43 to 41 – but that really happened during the month of October with the running streak!
2. Two Triathlons – didn’t do either. Trained for them but didn’t do them b/c I was not working for 7 weeks!
3. 1-2 Trail Races – again didn’t do due to lack of employment. But I did do weekly trail runs during my 7 weeks off so I was happy with that.
4. Hike the loop in Kilarney. Didn’t do this but we did do a lot of hiking including some good hiking in the Adirondacks this summer.
5. Become permanent – umm, still waiting on that.
6. Get pregnant – kinda want 5 to happen before this can!
7. Last one I tacked on was to bike/run/swim/hike 2010km – did not happen!
Here are my goals for this year:
Life:
1. Secure permanent employment
2. Prepare for family
3. Go to Italy
4. Purchase rental property
5. Become more organized (in terms of cleaning!).
Fitness:
1. Run a 10 mile race
2. Complete 2nd Triathlon (pending familial situation)
3. Bike Ride 100km
Health:
1. Back to Healthy Weight
2. Make the switch to sustainable and natural meat choices
Definitely a lot less SMART. Things can change this year and with that comes a change in priorities!
Those are awesome goals!
ReplyDeleteItaly is my favourite place in the entire world. I spent 10 days there last spring and cannot wait to go back! :)