Monday, January 17, 2011

10 Mile Race Plans

Sunday was my first workout in about 1.5 weeks due to my back. And boy did it feel amazing. I was planning on going for a run (even got dressed for it) and was really looking forward to it b/c it looked so beautiful and sunny outside. I checked the temp to make sure I was wearing appropriate clothes. Then I saw that it was -12 with a wind chill of -22. Um no thanks! -10 is my cutoff (and that is usually the windchill cut off), so upstairs I went to change and hopped on the bike instead. 30 minutes of a hill program later and I’m a sweaty exhausted mess! But feeling great. Pulled out my yoga mat and did a 30 minute hatha yoga to really stretch it all out. Felt totally back in the game!

This week will be my first week of 10 mile training. I'm planning on running a 10 mile race on Easter weekend and have planned a long training session to get me in the game and to keep me motivated during this cold winter season!

I plan on running 4x/week, yoga 2-4x/week, swimming 1x/week. On days where it is too cold to run outside I'll hop on the bike to cover the duration I expected to be running.

For my runs I have 2 regular, 1 5k tempo and my LSD run which will incorporate some 10 mile race pace running. For my yoga I'm looking at 2-3 vinyasa yoga sessions and 1-2 relaxation/hatha yoga.

Tonight the plan is to run 4k and then add in some vinyasa yoga. Weather looks like it is warming up otherwise I don't think I could handle the -15 it was this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment