Another great weekend is in the books! It was filled with a lot of good and happy times!
Friday started off with my swim and ended up with a great dinner and a movie with the hubster! He had had a stressful week so I decided to make him special dinner - homemade wings!
I took 2lbs of wings, dipped them in egg, dusted them in bread crumbs (with some cayenne) and baked them for 30 min at 425 (flipping every 10 minutes). Then I tossed them in a mix of VH honey garlic and PC Hot Wing Sauce. Served with spinach salad , cut up carrots and celery and some curly fries. Boy were they good. And he loved them!! They were also quite filling – we ate at 7:30pm and were still full when we went to bed at 11pm!
On Saturday we had a busy day – grocery shopping and cleaning. We had my in laws over for dinner (mil’s birthday) which meant we didn’t get a chance to spend any time outside but at least we made a good dinner! Here is the menu:
Appetizer: Mussels in tomato white wine sauce
Main: Seafood Paella
Desert: flourless chocolate cake with strawberries.
I was really nervous about baking the cake b/c baking really isn’t my forte but it turned out absolutely delicious, it was an epicouriuos recipe that was so simple and easy and very very tasty!
Then we hit the towns with some friends. I was the DD so I had one pint while we were out. I did have a Jr Chicken combo from McDonald’s though. I gave half my fries to hubby but still indulged. Hoping the effect on my weigh in this week isn’t too horrible!
Sunday was the best day. It was our hiking day! But first I started off with a run since I didn’t get to it on Saturday. I did 5k listening to The Undomestic Goddess. It was a tip I got from 1 of my friends and did it for my run last Tuesday and boy was it a fantastic tip! The 5k just flew by, each time my garmin would ping I’d be shocked that I had run a km! Now it helped out yesterday but it was still a tough run. I did have to walk a few times, mostly b/c I was just so hungry and weak so definitely didn’t eat enough before hand. But I got it done! Then we went on a hike. Which was lots of fun but also very tough. It was extremely muddy out so it was tough making our way through the mud and slush without getting our feet too wet. But it was actually a very good leg and core workout since you were twisting and trying not to fall! It was weird b/c we were slow going b/c of the conditions but it was still a tough workout b/c of that. We did 6.8km in 2hr10minutes (we can usually do 10k easily in that time).
We said goodbye to our hiking buddies, went home and made a steak and potato dinner (with roasted zuchhini, beets and carrots) which was so yummy!
Now for this week, here is my workout plan:
Monday: OFF day (deserved, plus phsyio in the morning and an Engineering conference tonight)
Tuesday: 6km run, 20-30 min Wii Fit Plus
Wednesday: 30 min swim
Thursday: 60min bike, 20-30 min Wii Fit Plus
Friday: 45 min swim
Saturday/Sunday: 30 min bike, 5k run, 20-30 min Wii Fit Plus, hike(?)
Plus I’m hoping that I have another great showing on the scale!
No comments:
Post a Comment