Friday, March 5, 2010

Tales from the Deep End

First off - the weigh in:
Last week: 176.4
This week: 174
Loss: 2.4
Total: 7lb
Woot Woot!! I am so excited about that! My ideal goal is to be 165 by April 9th, with my more realistic goal to be in the 160's. So I have 5lb to lose in the next 5 weeks. I so can do this!
My first week of March has been going swimmingly in all such ways! I've been committed to working out (2 bike rides, 55 min, 30 min, 1 run - 4.5k, 1 swim, 1000m, 2 wii 30 min sessions), I've been eating well (not perfect but well), and I've come through on my promises to myself.
For my goals this week I really only had 1 true one - to get back in the pool. It had been a long long time, about 1.5 years plus 20 extra pounds so needless to say I was extremely nervous. Last night I got all my stuff together - shower stuff, towel, swim cap, goggles, bra and undies, get ready stuff in my bag. I laid out my swim suit and clothes. As soon as my alarm went off the negative side of me started right up - "just press snooze, go back to sleep", "you can always start next week", "sleep would be so much better right now". I ignored it and got up anyways. Did it stop? No the whole time I got the breakie and lunch stuff out of the fridge for the hubster and I, the whole time I put my contacts in, pretty much the whole time I got ready. "you can always just do it another time" "why don't you just hop on the bike instead" "you are going to be real slow" "why don't you work more on your cardio so that it won't be too bad" "what if you can't even do a lap", and on and on it went. Again despite the butterflies in my stomach I just ignored it and moved on. Finally I'm in the car, and of course mistake the street it is on! So then I knew I would be arriving 15 min later than expected. I tried to talk myself out of going - not going to have enough time, already coming up with excuses, but I had come this far and wasn't going to not go. I knew it would makes things tight to get to work but that I could definitely do it! So I went....
and it was so amazing! It was really really tough. The first 2 laps were quite hard but I didn't need a break. I ended up doing 1000m in 30 minutes, which is very impressive (well to me it is!), that is just a tad slower than what I was before! And in terms of making a fool out of myself - it was mostly older people so I was actually in the fast lane!! So like usual got myself in a tizzy for no reason whatsoever! I took breaks when I needed it, but very short breaks. Cardio wise I was fine, it was more my upper body, my biceps and triceps. They are sore now and I can only imagine how sore they'll be tomorrow!
But I'm really looking forward to next week now! It was great to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment