So Feb certainly was a hectic month! Here is a week by week look:
Feb 1st: 3 chiro, 2 physio, prep house for renos (replace floors), crazy at work
Feb 8th: 3 chiro, 2 phsyio, floors being done all week, crazier at work, paint the living and kitchen that weekend
Feb 15th: 3 chiro, 2 physio, 1 dentist, short week = crazy week at work, drive to and from Walkerton
Feb 22nd: 3 chiro, 2 physio, 1 annual physical, first 2 days at work insane then less crazy, paint dining room that Sat.
Here is what it looks like in numbers:
Run: 3km
Bike: 52km
Swim: 0km
Hike: 3.5 km (only 1 hike, 3.5km may not seem like a lot but that was a hilly and snowy hike yesterday!)
Plus some Wii Fit Plus workouts sprinkled throughout there!
Weight
Jan 27th: 179.4
Feb 24th: 176.4
Loss: 3 lbs!
So overall despite the craziness of the month I would say I got through it successfully. In terms of working out, I’m ok with the fact that I didn’t do too amazingly well. I don’t regret that my numbers weren’t stellar. There were days I definitely could’ve squeezed in a workout but I didn’t b/c I knew that I needed to just rest! I didn’t track the entire month either. I counted up in my head but did not put a pen to the paper (definitely changing this month!) but I did make sure to make good choices and to listen to my body. Was I perfect? No. But despite me being pretty stretched out to the max I didn’t once eat b/c I was stressed, which was an amazing feat for me! Especially since I had the opportunities and feelings that would normally lead me to make poor choices. And the numbers on the scale just have me extremely excited – to have lost 3 lbs this month and to get to numbers that I haven’t seen in awhile have me just tickled pink!
And I want to continue on doing great this month. March is looking a lot less stressful. I just finished my project at work so things should be a little less stressful. I now only have 2 chiros and 1 physio appt each week instead of 5. And the house is pretty much done (we do still have to paint the trim in the dining room – a hike and the hockey game yesterday won out!). So planning on getting back into the pool this week – which I have to admit I’m very scared for. It has been a long time, and I’m afraid I’ll make a fool out of myself! But I know I just have to bite the bullet and go. It will be rough, but I know I can do it!
In terms of my June race plans I have decided on doing a duathlon instead of a triathlon. The rental cost of a wet suit is deterring me from doing the tri, plus a duathlon will still test me. The Guelph one looks great b/c it looks like it would take as long to do as a triathlon – 2km run, 20km bike, 5km run. Then in August/Sept I’ll do another tri or 2. So I’m a little behind on training for it, but I’m not too worried – I still have lots of time!
Here is my plan for working out this week:
Monday: 55 min bike
Tuesday: 3km run, 30 min wii fit plus
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 30 min bike, 30 min wii fit plus
Friday: 30-45 min swim
Saturday: 5km run, 30 min wii fit plus (this is time dependent)
Sunday: hike
Today I’m eating:
Breakfast: sample kashi dried berry cereal, ½ banana, 1 cup milk – 7
Lunch 1: pb sand – 4
Lunch 2: gumbo, asparagus – 6
Prerun: apple, granola bar – 3
Dinner: souvlaki on a pita, steamed broccoli – 7
Snack: 2 point snack
Total: 29 points (target 23 points)
Activity: 8 points
F&V: 7
Milk: 1 (will inc dairy in my night time snack)
Side Note: I received a sample of the dried berry cereal – 4 points for the small box. It was a little heavy on the points and quite frankly didn’t really fill me up as well as I would’ve hoped, especially since the meal cost me 7 points!
No comments:
Post a Comment