Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Looking Back and Ahead

First off I want to look at my Jan numbers:

Running: 14km
Biking: 77km
Swimming: 0km
Hiking: 19km

Total: 110km

2010 in 2010 – 1900km to go

So all in all I would say a good month. Obviously I would have liked higher numbers, especially on the swimming front but I’ll take it! The swimming will remain on hiatus until March probably – I have Chiro 3x/week and Physio 2x/week so there goes my mornings, and that’ll be the case until March.

I had another great on plan weekend. In terms of exercise it was fairly light – no runs or strength training but we did have a nice long 2 hour (9km) hike yesterday afternoon. It was cold but in the woods we were protected from the wind so it wasn’t too bad. We did dress for it! I absolutely love hiking on Sundays, it is just the perfect way for me to spend the day! We got home and made some warm Chicken Cacciatore and then headed out to Hamilton Hearts Haiti benefit concert with the Arkells and Fiest (plus many more).

On my hike yesterday I decided that 2010 is going to be the year for me, this is what is going to happen this year:

First I’m going to lose the weight I put on!
Second I’m going to get permanent (I’m thinking late March, early April – totally out of my control but just putting it out there!)
Then I’m going to get pregnant.
Then I’m going to do 2 triathlons (depending on above!)
Then we are going to go on a trip (looking at Italy right now).
Lastly, I’m going to leave 2010 (and my first year of being 30) and think what a great way to start this new decade!

Now some of those things are in my control and some are not but it doesn’t matter, if I say it will happen and truly believe it (which is funny b/c now I totally do) then things have a funny way of just working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment