Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Challenge

Just finished training for a triathlon which ended up being a duathlon and it went amazing.  I did a lot better than I expected!!

Since Feb I've lost about 6 lbs.  This last 10lbs has been a lot harder to lose!!  I go through phases of eating right and phases of eating like shit.  Just trying to get it under control, which to me is a 80/20-90/10 ratio.

I've been contemplating starting some streaks - shred streaks, running streaks and today on my run thought I'm just going to go for it!  So I'm going to do a "100 days of Activity" challenge.

I'm pretty excited!  I came up with some rules and guidelines:


Rules
1. Must earn 4 AP+s/day:
    - 20+ min High Intensity
    - 40+ min Medium Intensity
    - 60+ min Low Intensity
2. Walks DO NOT count.
3. Type of Activity:
    - Running
    - Running w/stroller
    - Biking
    - Swimming
    - Bootcamp
    - Strength Training
    - Hiking
    - Yoga
    - Basketball
    - Cardio

I originally started with 20 minutes of exercise a day (which of High is 4 AP+) but wanted some more flexibility and didn't want to not do something (like Yoga) b/c it would be High Intensity.  Also, I remember from my 30 days of running streak that after a long hike having to then turn around and go for a run was really hard.  Plus, my legs were really sore by the end of it so the ability to do a 60 min Yoga session sounds like the healthiest thing to do.  But I didn't want a regular walk to count, not that I don't think that a walk isn't good exercise but I just do not want that to be fall back for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to take my measurements and measure those biweekly for now (may change to monthly later on) and will also record my weight once a week.  I'm hoping that the last few pregnancy pounds and then the last 15 lbs after that can be shifted with this.  My goal right now is to lose 10 lbs during this challenge  (an average of 0.7lbs/week).  My end goal is that this is great and I then go for 6 months and then 1 year and on!







1 comment: