My name is Sara. And this is my blog about living life to the fullest. To me that means many different things. First off all it means living it at a weight where I love myself and love how I look and feel while at the same time where I can still indulge. This means I’ll never be a skinny minny but I don’t care. I used to weigh that perfect weight. Now to be honest when I weighed it I didn’t think it was the perfect weight when I weighed it because I did want to be a skinny minny, I did think beauty was in a flat tummy, thighs that didn’t touch and tiny arms. Now I realize that that is just one type of beauty and that is a type of beauty that doesn’t go with the body that I was given. The bodies that I used to want I don’t want anymore, like Britney Spears (of old not of new!), or Jessica Alba (though it pains me to admit it). Now I want to look like America Ferrara, Scarlett Johanson, or Kat Dennings. Funny how with age (I’m approaching 30) things and perspective change. I don’t want a body that I can’t enjoy food with, I want the best of both worlds!! Which means that I want to weigh 150-155 again. Right now I weigh 178.6lb (a few weeks ago it was 182.2, just 1.8lbs shy of my heaviest). I go to Weight Watchers every Wednesday night to get back to where I was.
The second aspect of a life well lived is being active. I have run 2 half marathons, completed many smaller races and a sprint triathlon. But this summer I was sidelined after getting hit by a car while riding my bike. That definitely didn’t help in the weight gain department!! I’m pretty much back on the exercise train but it hasn’t been perfect I can tell you that. But being active has definitely made a noticeable impact in my life. Considering my weight gain and the 6 weeks off from no exercise I’m still pretty fit. I may be only a few pounds shy of my heaviest weight but I don’t look like I did at my heaviest and I definitely attribute that to the fact that I’m in much better shape!
The other aspects of living a fulfilling life are having strong relationships (especially a good strong marriage – check!), loving what I do (job wise, and right now totally love my job, unfortunately it is a contract that finishes up Dec 31st), being mindful of what I eat (not only in terms of weight loss but in environmental and ethical concerns), and living a spiritual life (not a specific religious one, meditating every day is a goal but one that is on a backburner right now, want of focus on my physical being right now!).
I did used to have a blog that I made private but I missed everyone. I will not be divulging identifying details because I do not want to be googled! But I want to have a place where I can talk about healthy living, and where I can support and be supported through life!
I missed you :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Welcome back! I missed you too :)
ReplyDelete